An anti-vibration pad is a special type of pad or mat specifically designed to absorb and evenly distribute vibrations and sound to lower or normal levels. Due to the excellent physical properties of the materials, they are ideal for a wide range of industrial, commercial and domestic applications.
How do they work?
Anti-vibration pads work by absorbing and isolating vibrations, reducing noise and protecting against shock. The pads protect floors and people from the machines they are used with. They prevent movement and slipping and increase the lifespan of equipment, machines and tools.
Different types of Anti-Vibration Pads:
- Pads – Bearing pads, damping pads and sheets are essentially the same things. Square in nature, they can cover larger areas and can usually be joined together with multiple pads to suit your needs
- Tapes – The tapes are like their counterpart pads. They offer the same features of shock absorption except they are in long tape form. Perfect for fitting around wall edges. The tapes can be easily manipulated and cut to specified shape and have can sometimes have an adhesive backing for quick attachment. The tapes are available in a variety of widths and lengths and are ideal where space is restricted.
- Chips – Smaller counterparts to pads and tapes, they offer you the ability to cover smaller surface areas. Perfect for smaller machinery with minimal shock or vibration output.
Anti-vibration pads and mats are manufactured from robust rubber-type materials including neoprene, nitrile, natural rubber and silicone.
Features and benefits:
- Non-slip / Anti-slip
- Protects flooring
- Excellent vibration and shock resistance
- Fits under most machines
- Reduction in environmental nuisance
- Provides structural safety benefits
Anti-vibration pad and matting is used in a wide range of heavy industrial applications and environments. They are available in a range of different dimensions and thicknesses. Some of the most common are
- Factory machinery
- Warehouse or production lines
- Washing machines, tumble dryers and other domestic appliances