A Bus transceiver is a type of logic IC (integrated circuit) that has been designed for electronic information to flow between two points which in turn provides compatibility with bus systems.
Available in both inverting and non-inverting configurations, Bus transceivers are also compatible with the input or output of bi-directional interface circuits.
Types of Bus transceivers
There are various types of bus transceivers available such as;
- Quadruple inverting with 3 state outputs
- Quadruple non-inverting with 3 state outputs
- Octal non-inverting with 3 state outputs
- 8-bit 3 state inverting
- Octal Inverting with tri-state output
This type of logic IC is offered with a range of configurations such as support for different logic functions and families, offering different levels of maximum operating supply voltage, different package types and support for varied input and output functions.
Applications of Bus transceivers
Bus transceivers are widely used in a range of applications such as;
- Remote Monitoring and Sensing
- Data over Power Applications
- Digital Signage